New Horizon Youth Centre is a day centre open 7 days a week to 16-21 year olds. We aim to enable young vulnerable people to gain skills and knowledge to improve their life chances, help them move from adolescence into adulthood, and achieve positive futures.
New Horizon Youth Centre works with disadvantaged young people, including those new on the streets, homeless or living in insecure accommodation. Many have poor self-esteem, low confidence, a history of rejection, harm and abuse and often profoundly negative experiences of organisations, structures and the helping professions generally. Based in the King’s Cross area, the centre sees up to 3,000 young people a year and is open seven days a week.
New Horizon Youth Centre offers range of different services to enable young people to achieve independence, including:
- Housing advice and support into accommodation
- A private rented sector access scheme
- Tenancy support services
- Educational and accredited training programmes
- Job search support, work placements and routes into employment
- A social enterprise project
- Music, arts, sports and drama
- Access to a nurse and health advice
- Counselling services
- Drugs advice and assessments
- Street outreach work
- Outreach in prisons and youth offenders institutions
- Support to care leavers
- Practical services such as food, laundry, showers and second-hand clothes store
- Homelessness prevention workshops at schools, youth centres and young people’s projects
New Horizon Youth Centre does a great deal to turn the negative experiences around by offering a supportive environment whilst channelling young people towards meaningful lifestyles and occupations.
- drop-in during opening times (Monday-Sunday, 10.30am-4pm)
- come to the centre at 10.15am on weekdays to secure an advice appointment
- please call 020 7388 5560 for more information